The DC8 was designed by Texas educator Jeff Ausdemore. His stick has a “fast” feel due to the thin neck which bodes well for quick response in either single stokes or multiple bounce rudiments. The DC8’s shoulder also flares out quickly to handle rim shots and the shaft provides a “full” feeling in the player’s hand. The small bead provides a very clear articulation and a focused attack at all volumes.Because of its resilience, responsiveness and durability, hickory is the most commonly used wood for drum sticks. Hickory is the classic drum stick feel. For over 50 years, ProMark has been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of drumsticks, mallets, and percussion accessories. Owned and operated by D’Addario & Co., the Houston, Texas based ProMark produces products used globally by the greatest drummers and percussionists in the world, including Neal Peart, Phil Collins, Simon Phillips, Ringo Starr, and many more. ProMark – Make Your Mark.
- Hickory is the most popular wood choice for drumsticks due to its resilience, responsiveness, durability, and classic feel
- Diameter: .730″ Length: 17″
- Round tip provides a robust sound on the marching snare drum
- Thin neck for a speedy, and ultra responsive stick
- All Promark drumsticks are designed and manufactured in the USA